bexhath's Lonetree Jacket by Allie Olson
This was a big, time-consuming project for me - I think 10 evenings and a couple of afternoons over the course of a month - but I'm really happy with the results! I'm going to be wearing this pretty much daily.
Added 2" to the length and probably would have been happy with an additional inch.
Added a drawstring to the hood.
Omitted the interfacing for the cuffs, and could have skipped it for the facings and pocket flaps as well.
The biggest change - I added a lining! (Flannel shirting and sleeves in Bemberg Ambiance.) Because making my first jacket wasn't hard enough. I looked at tutorials for making a lining (Threads Magazine and Grainline Studio's were the biggest help) and followed Grainline's Cascade duffel coat sewalong to assemble and bag the lining.
Because I lined it, there were some steps I did out of order:
After sewing the sleeves, I skipped the cuffs and sewed the hood.
Assembled the lining while following part 10 of the Lonetree sewalong (this is where I opened up the Cascade sewalong in another tab and used that to help assemble the lining).
Sewed the zipper next, then the bottom hem of the jacket & lining, right sides together with a 1/4” seam allowance. I couldn’t find instructions on accommodating sleeve vents in a lining (I did assemble the sleeve linings with the vents, just like the shell but in bemberg), so I left the cuffs unsewn and inverted the jacket through a sleeve instead of through a hole in the sleeve lining - this worked because the sleeve vents meant I effectively had a bigger cuff. Then I topstitched the bottom hem with a 3/4” seam allowance. Sewed the sleeve lining to the sleeve with a 1/4” seam allowance, then went back to attach the cuffs.